A super easy recipe that is delicious and quite healthy. You can mix and match the fruit according to the season or use frozen fruits for a tasty treat that can be dessert or an appetizer. Works best with a mix of atleast 3 fruits
Note: Feel free to mix and match with whatever fruits you wish.
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- handful of seedless grapes, cut in half
- 8 ounces strawberries (or any fresh or frozen berries, thaw before using)
- 100 g pineapple, diced
- 3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor (cherry, orange or apricot jam or marmalade work well- try a different flavour from the fruits used)
- 8 ounces raspberries or peaches or blueberries (fresh or frozen, thaw before using) – optional
- 2 apples – peeled, cored and diced (optional)
- mangoes or any soft fruits (optional)
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillasbutter flavored cooking spray or butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix fruit and preserve. If using apples, add them last to minimize browning. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat both sidse of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray or brush with melted butter. Cut into wedges. Put the cinnamon mix into a large ziploc bag and add the tortilla wedges. Seal and shake to coat the buttered chips well. Remove and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.